lundi 2 juin 2008

Style Profile

from the Sartorialist's blog

Job?
Student and part-time secretary.

Best Sartorial advice from your parents?
The material matters. A lot.

Style icons?
Audrey Hepburn for the everlasting glamour, Marilyn Monroe and Dita Von Teese for the sexy pin-up touch, Asia Argento for the subtle blend of trashy and elegant.

Describe your personal style
Fluctuating, but mostly featuring sexy, glam and Vivienne-Westwoodesque punk items.

I build my daily look around?
My current favorites pieces, daily schedule, and weather.

Personal Style quirk?
High heels.

Most cherished item?
Keeps changing. But overall, either my New Rock boots, my Westwood denim jacket or my leather jacket.

I feel best wearing?
Clothes that make me feel I'm standing out from the crowd.

The first thing I look at in another Sartorialist's outfit...
In the case of a dress or skirt, the dress or skirt. Otherwise probably shoes.

I never break this fashion rule.
No high heels with a short skirt.

I always break this fashion rule.
Observe latest trends.

Never caught wearing?
Crocs.

Most underrated item in menswear/womenswear?
The pencil skirt, sexiest skirt ever.

Dress to impress who?
Everybody, but mostly myself, my boyfriend, and my friends.

Shine your own shoes?
Do I look like Rockefeller to you?

Shoetrees?
God, no.

Favorite stores?
Great candy + clothes shop in Pont-Aven, Brittany; Allison in Montmartre, Paris; Le Printemps de Marnie in Nantes; popular brands such as Comptoir des Cotonniers, IKKS, Zara, H&M, etc.

Your next "must have" purchase?
A long flower-printed 70s dress.

I skimp when buying ...
Stockings.

Favorite item of clothing
Shooooes.

Guilty pleasure
Expensive bags.

Cologne, skincare?
Fresh cologne or Gaultier perfume,
Laura Mercier or Matis/Guinot from my beauty parlour for skincare.

Most stylish city?
London, Tokyo.

When I was in high school I wore?
Jeans...

Sports?
Again, my God, no.

Favorite fashion magazine?
Citizen K.

Favorite vacation spot?
London.

Favorite neighborhood restaurant?
Le Caribou, burger joint with hilarious Catholic-school students regulars, Nantes.

3 commentaires:

Hao a dit…

"Tiens c'est marrant, la personne qui a répondu au questionnaire ressemble trop à Litchee"

5 minutes après: "Heuuuu..."


Bah oui, moi quand j'ai lu que c'était un copié/collé, j'ai cru que tu parlais de l'ensemble réponses incluses.

François a dit…

Favorite skin care : Laura Mercier. Ben tiens. Bon choix néanmoins qui fera certainement plaisir...

eleonore a dit…

"The material matters. A lot."
Ça a quelque chose à voir avec la pourrinette-craquette, hein ?